It’s simple. Poor data security can ruin your business. And with the amount of security breaches over the last year, businesses more than ever need to be taking precautions to keep their data safe from virus infections, hacking attacks or other system security breaches.
To help keep your business and sensitive data safe, here are 10 cyber security best practices you should follow:
1. Implement antivirus, anti-spam & firewall protections
2. Carry out regular security updates on all software & devices
3. Employ a resilient password policy (minimum eight characters & should be changed regularly)
4. Secure your wireless network
5. Establish a clear security policy for email, internet & mobile devices
6. Educate your staff in good security measures & perform employee background checks
7. Create & test back-up plans, information disposal & disaster recovery procedures
8. Carry out regular security risk assessments to identify important information & systems
9. “Stress test” websites regularly
10. Check provider credentials & contracts when using cloud services
For even more information about how to secure your data, click here.